Friday, July 13, 2007

Malaysian that I met......

After 2 short years in this foreign land, I had met numerous Malaysian from all walks of life and from all races....

I remembered that an Indian girl walked to my table while I was having my lunch with my family in a Chinese restaraunt and asked "Are you Malaysian?" and the moment I glanced to her table that she was with a Malay girl... I said "Yes, I am.. but this is not a halal restaraunt.." The Malaysian me is still very deep inside as I was thinking that ... OMG! a muslim is dining in a non-halal place.... but the Indian girl told me that they are having vegetarian dishes only.. and she came over to my table to say hello to a fellow Malaysian as she heard me speaking cantonese with malay words...

And a couple of weeks ago... I was buying drinks in Starbuck outlet in the city... suddenly the fair looking asian girl cashier speak Malay with me... I was so surprised and I was stunned! but we end up chatting for a while and exchanged phone numbers as I told her that I had long to eat food cook by Malay esp nasi lemak!! haha! She told me that I look very Malaysian and she knew from her 1st glance that I'm a Malaysian!

There are so many occasion that I had met my fellow Malaysian and we always end up chatting and almost everytime... we done it in malay...

The moral of it all ... is that Malaysian did not have any grudge against fellow Malaysian and it is the politicians and the policy that they are implementing that is dividing US!

No comments: